Terms & Conditions
MAIN TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The Bicycle let out on hire, including all accessories & attachments supplied herewith (“the Bicycle”) remains the property of Mr. Wright of Kent Cycle Hire (“the Owner”) and the Renter will not sell, hire out, lend or otherwise part with possession thereof.
2. The Renter acknowledges and agrees that the Bicycle is in good condition in all respects and undertakes not to misuse it and will return it with all accessories in the same condition as when received (ordinary wear and tear excepted) to the place and on the due date and time specified on the hire forms as signed by the Renter.
3. The Owner shall be entitled to charge the Renter for all damage caused to the Bicycle during the period of hire. In the event of breakdown other than those of a type which the Renter can reasonably repair with the supplied kit i.e. a puncture or un-seated chain, and other than as a result of the Renter’s misuse of the Bicycle, the Owner will use its best endeavors to repair it or procure its repair. If the Renter is unable to repair a simple puncture / replace the inner tube, a £10 call-out fee will be charged by the owner to facilitate the repair / replacement.
4. The period of hire commences at the time of collection and is deemed to continue until the Bicycle is received by the Owner as aforesaid.
5. The Owner shall not be liable for any damage caused or loss made whatsoever by breakdown or other defects in the Bicycle or other circumstances beyond the Owners control. The Renter shall indemnify the Owner in respect of all costs, claims, expenses, and demands which it may suffer or incur and which arise directly or indirectly out of the use of the Bicycle during the period of hire. The Owner reserves the right to use the Renter’s deposit in part or in full settlement of any such claim.
6. In the event of the Bicycle being lost or stolen the Owner reserves the right to call upon the Renter to indemnify the Owner the replacement value of the Bicycle. However, should the Bicycle subsequently be recovered in a useable condition, the Owner undertakes to refund the Renter’s Indemnity in full within fourteen days.
7. The Renter shall be solely responsible for and shall keep the Owner fully indemnified in respect of all fines, impositions or other penalties occasioned by the use of the Bicycle during the period of hire in respect of violation of any Acts of Parliament, Orders, Regulations or bye laws for the time being in force.
8. Any conditions or warranties not expressed and which might be implied on the part of the Owner except Statutory Warranties are excluded.
9. The Renter will ensure that the Bicycle is adequately secured to an immovable object when not in use, will not use the Bicycle under the influence of drink or drugs and WILL IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE OWNER IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR BREAKDOWN OF THE BICYCLE, OTHER THAN THOSE REASONABLY REPAIRABLE BY THE HIRER. THESE SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE OWNER UPON THE RETURN OF THE BICYCLE.
10. The Renter will pay to the Owner on demand all charges due under the agreement. The estimated rental charge (calculated as per the Owner’s current lists) plus any charges for additional accessories and attachments, is payable in advance before collection, together with a deposit as advertised. Any refunds due, if any will be made when the Bicycle is returned to the Owner as aforesaid.
11. In the event of cancelled forward booking, the rental charge thereof will be payable in full.
12. If the Renter shall commit any breach of the terms of this agreement the Owner shall be entitled, but without prejudice, to any other rights or remedies which it may have to terminate the hire of the Bicycle, and recover possession thereof without notice, and to make reasonable charge for such repossession. No rights of the Owner under the agreement will be waived except in writing by a duly authorised member of staff.
13. It is understood that a cycle helmet is provided as part of the rental charge for each hire period. The Owner will not be held responsible for any renter not wearing a helmet.
Estimate of Charges for damage. Other than that which can be reasonably classed as normal wear and tear (Non Exhaustive)
Buckled Wheel: £40.00
Torn Seat: £20.00
Damaged Rear Mech: £30.00
Broken Spoke: £10.00
Damaged Lever: £20.00
Damaged Gear Shifter: £20.00
Bent Handlebars: £20.00
Tyre abuse: £20.00
Bent Chain Rings: £15.00
Bent Pedal Arms: £20.00
Broken Pedal: £20.00
Accessory Loss / damage: retail price
Call-out fee for punctures: £10
The late return of a cycle will incur an additional charge payable by the hirer upon return for each bike late.
For bikes hired on the Hourly Rate, this charge will be equal to an extra full hour’s rental for each additional hour beyond the hire period agreed at the outset. The full hourly rate will be levied against all BIKES LATE BY MORE THAN 10 MINS.
Bikes hired for the Day and not returned by the Return time, as stated on the hire agreement, will incur a late return charge of £5.00 for any period after this up to the first hour, and an additional Days hire charge for all bikes over an hour late.
Bikes hired on the weekly rate or extended daily rate and not returned by the agreed return time, will incur a late return charge of £5.00 for any period after this up to the first hour, and an additional Days hire charge for all bikes over an hour late.
If you know you are not going to be able to get back by the agreed time, then please call us and let us know!
Items supplied may differ from those advertised & are always subject to availability.
Bernard Wright (t/a Kent Cycle Hire) reserves the right to alter, terminate or withdraw any items or promotions advertised or so offered and their prices or conditions at anytime.
In all cases Bernard Wright (t/a Kent Cycle Hire) will act within reason to honour bookings and agreements.
A deposit equal to the total cost of the booking is required. This deposit will be refunded according to the cancellation policy.
Kent Cycle Hire will use all best endeavours to rebook cancellations upon request and at the hirer’s convenience within a twelve-month period after the original hire date, subject to availability.
In all other cases:
If the booking is cancelled less than seven days before the hire date, a charge equal to the full amount of the booking will be made.
If the booking is cancelled seven or more days before the hire date, a charge equal to 50% of the full amount of the booking will be made.